Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Team Novo Nordisk - One Team:One Goal


Hey everyone,

The women's team that were available for
our first team camp 
As 2012 comes to an end I am very pleased to announce that I will be part of Team Novo Nordisk  for 2013. I will be representing the team on the track when possible. Since becoming a part of this team it has made me more determined to motivate people that have Diabetes especially young children. As a team we want to raise awareness about diabetes; One Team:One Goal - To educate, empower and inspire everyone affected by diabetes around the world!

After a quieter year which involved just under 2 months of training overseas alongside the New Zealand sprint squad as they built up towards the London Olympics I gained some valuable experience both on and off the track. I have been very fortunate enough to have traveled for the first time ever to Newport – Wales, Valencia – Spain, Cottbus – Germany and I am about to leave Alicante – Spain after a 10 day camp with Team Novo Nordisk.

Some testing - we need you do go hard for 20mins? What's that? Go hard means sprint full gas?!
CHANGING DIABETES. History lesson on how this all evolved 

Some of the kit - how I got it to fit in my luggage? I don't know!
Our accommodation for the camp
Looking towards Alicante

Get on board and support this newly formed team! Watch out for Team Novo Nordisk's new website coming out in the new year!  Make sure you 'follow' the team on Twitter or 'like' their page on Facebook

Here is a recent write up from Road Cycling Magazine NZ 

I am really looking forward to the rest of the track season currently training for the New Zealand Elite Nationals (Jan 31st - Feb 3rd) and will also be racing on Denton in Christchurch at the New Year Carnival  on the 3rd and 4th of Jan if your in Christchurch come along at 7pm each night - see ya there :)

Thanks for tuning in, I hope everyone has a safe festive season - Merry Christmas and a Happy New year! Catch you guys over summer!

Adios xx

No comments:

Post a Comment