Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Festival of Speed to New York!

Sadly it is my last week here in Trexlertown, I am already making the most of it by taking a day trip to New York by myself!

The UCI Festival of Speed had a Keirin for the females sprint athletes - Final line up: Stephanie Torres, Mandy Marquardt, Jennifer Valente, Dana Feiss, Alysha Keith and myself. I was very happy to have taken the keirin win from Dana second week in a row.

Elimination at the Festival of Speed -  currently doing approximately 10 neutral laps

Prepared
NEW YORK - I took a bus from Wescosville to New York and yes I did take a "fanny pack" with me, it was so convenient walking around in the 30/86 degree heat. I did not want to take a backpack and look cool when I doubled strapped - I thought that would be too hard and embarrassing. I purchased a city pass which gave me access to 1. Empire State Building Observatory 2. American Museum of Natural History 3. The Metropolitan Museum of Art 4. Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) 5. Top of the Rock OR Guggenheim Museum and 6. Circle Line Cruise OR Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island. I got on the 0800 bus and arrived in New York at 1000, too easy right? I Arrived at the bus terminal and followed people that looked like they knew where they were going until everyone went different ways and I could not find my way out of the terminal - we started underground and there were many levels how hard is it to get out of the terminal! I popped out onto some street mapped out where I needed to go and off I went....to the Empire State Building! The views were amazing. 


Hope you enjoy these pictures of what I got up to in New York!!

Empire State Building and Madison Square Garden? Building.
86 Levels High - not bad! Freedom Tower in the distance
The American Museum of Natural History was where the movie Night at the Museum was filmed. The Museum's renowned fossil halls feature the largest collection of dinosaur fossils in the world

Our mate T-Rex
The Metropolitan Museum of Art is one of the world's largest and finest museums, with collections of nearly two million works of art spanning more than 5,000 years of world culture, from prehistory to the present from every part of the globe.
ARMS AND ARMOR
Armour of Henry Herbert (1534 - 1601) - 27.24kg (60 lb. 1 oz.)
 EGYPTIAN ART - Egypt is a place I would love to travel too, it is on my bucket-list!


 GREEK AND ROMAN ART - Greece is also another place I need to visit, so much history!


 2 - HOUR CIRCLE LINE CRUISE
David - the on board guide
BMW
The Statue of Liberty

Times Square!!

View from the Empire State at night - obviously




No comments:

Post a Comment